UPDATE TO BOOMERS MEMBERS
First of all, thank for your continued support – it is terrific to have you on board for the 22-23 WNBL Season.
Tomorrow we embark on our defence of the WNBL Championship when we head to Perth for the Grand Final replay on Wednesday November 2. As the opening game of the 22-23 WNBL Season this match will be the first “Game of the Week” on ESPN (and available on Kayo).
Next week there will be a bunch of information that will hit your in-tray about the season and in particular what will be happening at our first five games in Melbourne:
AWAY to Southside at State Basketball Centre – Wednesday 9 November – 6.30pm tip off
HOME OPENER – Sunday 13 November at Parkville – 3pm vs Adelaide
HOME – Sunday 20 November at Parkville – 3pm vs Canberra
HOME – Wednesday 7 December at State Basketball Centre – 6.30pm vs Townsville
HOME – Thursday 22 December at State Basketball Centre – 7.30pm vs Adelaide
Members Arrangements Include:
- Membership packs will be available to pick up at the first 3 home games above. After this packs will be posted out to address on your member account.
- Membership cards:
- A hard copy membership card will be included in your membership pack.
- Digital membership cards will also be available. We anticipate these will be distributed prior to our Home Opener (note that if this is not the case, a ticket will be provided for entry; and your reserved seat for Gold Members).
- For Gold Reserved Members, included in your membership benefits is a reserved seat at the Southside game on 9 November at SBC. To secure this ticket (one per Member) you will need to register (details to be provided next week).
- Please note there are significant parking restrictions at State Basketball Centre due to the ongoing redevelopment works – please arrive early or consider public transport (which is very limited) or rideshare arrangements.
- Our Home Opener on November 13 will include ceremony to unfurl our 21-22 Championship Banner (worth the wait). We are expecting a near capacity crowd so please arrive early so you can collect your Member pack and be in your seats for this memorable moment.
- If you have not received your Ticketek membership confirmation email following purchase best to first check your junk folder.
Enquiries are made thru email email@example.com or WhatsApp (create a contact on your phone and send any queries through to 0480 392 947). To request a call back include mobile number and a preferred time for call back (Monday to Saturday before 7pm) and we will get things sorted. Please note that our membership service people are not full-time and hence sometimes we all need some patience and kindness.
As our Members we wanted to update you on our progress and give you a heads up on a few notable matters related to the team.
They are preparing well under the leadership of our new Head Coach, Chris Lucas. Suffice to say it has been a challenging pre-season period in pulling the team together at Parkville and getting everyone on the court. The wonderful success of the Opals at the World Cup in Sydney has created momentum for the sport but added to this challenge of preparation.
A couple of updates on our athletes:
- Tess Madgen returned from Opals duty with a troublesome knee and she underwent knee surgery last week. We expect Tess will miss the first month of the season.
- Cayla George has become a mum and to read more about this head to https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-22/cayla-george-baby-girl-fiba-womens-basketball-world-cup/101454144. It is a beautiful story and we are thrilled that Pearl has arrived with Cayla in Melbourne this week.
- The rest of the team is training hard and whilst we may have a slow start to the season due to our preparation we fully expect to be in the hunt – “Humble but hungry” Champions.
To enable you to add our Season schedule to your calendar please download thru E-Cal at https://bit.ly/BOOMERSFIXTURE2223. A fixture graphic is attached also for those that like it right in front of you!
The start of the season always has a sense of excitement and this one is much the same. You are great supporters of the Boomers so get along to as many games as possible, especially the Home Opener on November 13.
If you cannot get there, remember you can watch every game live on 9Now and ESPN/Kayo.
It all starts Wednesday night at 9.30pm – we cannot wait !!
Thanks again for your loyalty and support – we are “Humble but Hungry”