Game day guide: Round six vs Melbourne Boomers
The Sydney Flames will play their first-ever game at their new home court, the Quaycentre, this Friday night.
Awaiting Shane Heal’s side in the round six clash will be reigning WNBL champions, the Melbourne Boomers, who sit in second place with a 5-1 record.
CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR FLAMES MEMBERSHIP
The Hoops Capital side will be keen to rebound after Wednesday’s tight defeat at the hands of league leaders Bendigo on Wednesday.
Read how both teams are shaping up in Courtney Ward’s match preview here.
Friday, December 16 – door open times:
- Members and general public: 5.30pm
- Tip-off: 6.30pm
Things to know before you arrive:
- All full-season and six-game members that purchased their membership up to 21 November will be able to pick up their membership card and pack at the Quaycentre box office window from 5pm onwards.
- Anyone that purchased on 22 November or after will be able to pick their card and pack from next week’s game. You will however be emailed a ticket to the game later today. For any inquiries simply go to the Quaycentre box office from 5pm onwards.
- The closest location for parking for Quaycentre games is at P3 on Sarah Durack Ave, Sydney Olympic Park. It is recommended that you pre-book car parking. Car parking can only be booked up to the day prior to game day. Car parking can be booked here
- Prior to tip-off, the Flames are teaming up with Basketball NSW to hold our first I Am A Girl holiday clinic. For more details of the session at Quaycentre here.
- The Hoops Capital club will also have a photo wall and face painter set up for fans on the night.
Special Pre-Game Performance from GRAACE
Sydney-based GRAACE’s breakthrough happened in 2017 when she co-wrote and featured on Hayden James’ platinum-selling electro-pop single “Numb”. Other successes soon followed, with the release of her ‘Self-Sabotage’ EP in 2018, a Like a Version appearance, and tours across Europe, London, Los Angeles and New York. She’s also had sell-out shows in Australia as well as playing a load of festivals. Her recent EP “Self Preservation” has GRAACE embarking on a new era of ‘organic pop’ while still retaining the incredible songwriting that has won her a legion of global fans.
Member ticket information
- Full-season members whose membership cards have not arrived can visit us at the Membership Enquiries window at the Quaycentre Box Office from 5pm.
- Partial members will need to use Ticketek tickets to access the venue.
Getting to and from Quaycentre, Sydney Olympic Park
- Please keep in mind that parking around the venue is limited, so allow yourself sufficient time to arrive at the game, otherwise use public transport.
- Pre-booked car parking is only available up to the day prior to game day and not on game day
- Public transport information about getting to Sydney Olympic Park can be found here
It’s our first home game at our new stadium – the Quaycentre at Sydney Olympic Park🔥
Join us for some fun while watching elite women’s basketball with good music from our resident DJ GRAACE, prizes, and meet the players after the game!
🎟 https://t.co/EwCKZQjWvl#FlameOn pic.twitter.com/Ci4hd1oT1N
— Sydney Flames (@TheSydneyFlames) December 14, 2022
- Access to Quaycentre is via the Sydney Olympic Park Sports Centre – NSW Hall of Champions doors. Information on the venue can be found here.
- Quaycentre conditions of entry can be found here. Bags are permitted at Quaycentre.
- Accessible features of Quaycentre can be found here
- Sydney Flames merchandise will be available for purchase on the night. Alternatively, you can also purchase Flames gear online here.
- Use the hashtag #FlameOn and don’t forget to tag in the Flames (@sydneyuniflames) on Instagram so we can also share some of the best pics to our account.
For all enquiries, please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org